Tuesday 25 March 2014

SS14 Trends: The Androgynous Look by Wear Eponymous

SS14 Trends: The Androgynous Look: Wear Eponymous Style
1. Classic Trench Coat (link here) - £79.99
2. Contrast Collar Shirt (link here) - £34.99 
3. Classic Clutch Bag (link here) - £39.99
4. Classic Cigarette Trousers (link here) - £29.99
Wear Eponymous website (link here)

I, for one, am all over this androgynous look. I wouldn't class my style as anything in particular but I do usually tend to sway towards the more boyish cuts. However, my 2014 New Year resolution was to experiment with more girlie pieces, which I can proudly say is going swimmingly at the moment. 
Anyway, the clothing store Wear Eponymous contacted me and asked if I would like to enter a competition to win a pastel dress and I am currently crushing on the pastel trend at the minute, so how could I refuse?! Also, this competition appealed to me because it involved piecing an outfit together and reviewing it, which I love to do as I love writing.
More to the point, I have opted with a boyish yet chic look. This would be an outfit I would wear to my day job as it is classy, smart yet showcasing current trends. 
I particularly love the trench coat because it is girlie with the pleated bottom, yet has a boyfriend fit to it in regards to length but is fitted in terms of the shape. The beige/pastel shirt would add a feminine side to this outfit. It would look really good against the black as the shades will become noticed as it is the statement piece. Also, the leather collar adds a edgy touch to the outfit. 
I absolutely adore the clutch bag. It is extremely versatile with the detachable strap as it can be worn over the shoulder or carried. I love the buckle detailing which is giving off the chic vibe. 
The cigarette trousers are my favourite piece. I love cigarette trousers. I love how they are a boyish cut, yet still remain chic. Unfortunately for me, I am 5ft 3, therefore, cigarette trousers look silly on me unless they're in the petite range, but on the right person, they do look fabulous. These trousers would be perfect for all occasions; for work, nights out, shopping trips... Cigarette trousers are becoming a huge staple for SS14 so Wear Eponymous are currently on point with their pieces! 

I hope this gives you some ideas on how to pull off the androgynous look :)
Until next time, 
Sommer x


No comments:

Post a Comment